FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Graduate students may request a leave of absence from their graduate program. If a leave of absence is approved, an enrolled student does not have to register for a semester and will not be charged a $100 per semester continuous registration fee. COVID-19 related circumstances qualify under the ‘Illness, required military service, or other extenuating circumstances’ category. A leave of absence request must be approved by your department, by a financial aid counselor (if you are receiving financial aid), by the Office of Global Engagement (international students only), and by the Graduate School.
Awarding of graduate degrees will continue as usual.
University Commencement Ceremony (Virtual)
Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
The Commencement Ceremony will be broadcast the evening of May 5. This will include the awarding of honorary degrees, announcement of university-wide faculty awards, and Commencement speeches. This viewing will be available through AggieCast. Please check this page for the link.
Thursday, May 6, 2021 and Friday, May 7, 2021
Graduation ceremonies will be held throughout the two days on the Logan campus. In order to participate in their live graduation ceremony, students must submit an RSVP during the RSVP period from March 15 to March 21. The graduation ceremonies will be approximately 75 minutes each and will include:
- A shortened processional
- Speeches by the Dean and the Valedictorian
- Recognition of each graduate that includes their name being announced as they cross the stage to receive their diploma cover
- A professional photo taken of each graduate with their diploma cover (digital download instructions will be sent to graduates)
- Recessional that will disperse once outside the building
- Masks and social distancing will be required throughout
Each attending graduate will be provided two guest tickets. Other guests may participate remotely. Each event will be broadcast live via AggieCast.
The event schedule listed below is tentative. Once RSVPs have been collected, a final schedule of these events will be posted.
For More Information
- College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caine College of the Arts – email@example.com
- Jon M. Huntsman School of Business – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services (undergraduates) – email@example.com
- Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services (graduates) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Engineering – email@example.com
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences – firstname.lastname@example.org
- S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources – email@example.com
- College of Science – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integrated Studies Bachelor’s Degrees and Associates Degrees – email@example.com
- School of Graduate Studies – firstname.lastname@example.org
No. We recommend scheduling virtual sessions when feasible.
Application processing will continue as usual. There may be delays in processing applications for which hard copies of transcripts are submitted.
In an effort to provide the most accurate up-to-date information, SGS will not be posting answers to specific questions from graduate students because of the high frequency at which answers can change. However, we are monitoring all questions that come in and will respond promptly. Visit any of the links below for information about other USU/Logan City responses to COVID-19.
OFFICIAL UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY COVID-19 SITE
USU RESEARCH COVID-19 SITE
USU HOUSING COVID-19 SITE
CITY OF LOGAN COVID-19 SITE
CVTD BUS SERVICE UPDATES
APPLYING FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL
NATIONAL GRAD CRISIS-LINE