As you prepare to begin your graduate career at Utah State University, there are some things you’ll want to get done before your first day. Some of these are important to complete as soon as possible, while others can be done at any time and will help you get more familiar with campus.
- Visit the Card Office in the Taggart Student Center room 212 to get your student ID card.
- Meet your Graduate Program Coordinator.
- Ask them who your faculty advisor is, if you don’t already know.
- Verify that you’re registered for the right classes.
- Get your keys, office, and/or mailbox, if applicable.
- Meet your faculty advisor.
- Talk with them about their expectations for you.
- Consider filling out an Advisor Expectations Contract. While these are not mandatory, they facilitate open communication and can help prevent painful misunderstandings.
- If you have an assistantship or other paid USU position, meet with the payroll office (Old Main 26) to complete any required paperwork.
- Take the Responsible Conduct in Research online CITI training if required. This training is for PhD students (regardless of funding source) and all NIH, NSF, USDA-NIFA funded masters students.
- Attend New Graduate Student Orientation on Thursday, August 22 at 1:00.
Other Important Tasks: