Steps to Degree Completion –Master's Plan C

Due to the variability of each graduate study program, this guide is not an official checklist. Please check with your graduate program coordinator for official degree completion guidance. 


By the End of the Second Semester 

If required by your department, establish your supervisory committee

A completed Supervisory Committee Approval form should be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies by the end of the student’s second semester. Changes to a supervisory committee must be approved by submitting a Supervisory Committee Revision form.

Finalize your Program of Study

The Program of Study is a contract between you, your committee, and the graduate school outlining which courses you will take to meet all requirements and complete your degree program. A student completes this after they have organized their supervisory committee. 

Please work with your graduate program coordinator (GPC) to finalize your Program of Study. Your GPC will then submit all required paperwork, including revisions. 

Forms to Submit:

Supervisory Committee Approval Form (SCAF) 


Preparing for Graduation 

Ensure you have met all degree requirements. 

  • Your approved Program of Study courses/credits match your USU transcript courses/credits.
  • Correct credit amounts and letter grades (no “incompletes”) are posted to ALL courses on your USU transcript. 

Notify your graduate program coordinator (GPC) of your intent to graduate

Your GPC will submit your student information to the School of Graduate Studies. 

Submit your culminating report or creative project (if desired)

The degree requirements for a plan C do not require you to submit your work to the Library. However, if you would like your work to appear in DigitalCommons@USU, please follow the same submission instructions as master’s plan B students. 

Apply for graduation

To officially graduate and receive your diploma, you must:

  1. Complete the graduation application by the university deadline and pay the $15 graduation fee.
  2. Submit a Graduation Check Request before the last day of the semester. 

Students who do not complete these forms will not be awarded a degree. 

Forms to Submit:

Plan B Report/Creative Project Submission Form 
Graduation Application
Graduation Check Request