Newly Admitted Graduate Student FAQs


What do I need to do before I arrive at USU?

Review our post-admissions steps for more information. Any further questions can be directed to your graduate program coordinator

What financial aid resources are available to me?

Your department may have department-specific financial aid opportunities.

You may also qualify for federal student loans. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

You can also explore USU’s financial aid page and the School of Graduate Studies cost and funding webpage for additional opportunities.

What student groups can I get involved in?

From academic, cultural, and faith-based clubs to inclusion, recreational, and service clubs, there is something for everyone. 

Find and Join a Club

What is a graduate program coordinator?

GPCs are the link between graduate students, departments, and the School of Graduate Studies. GPCs assist graduate students with deadlines, degree completion, and thesis/dissertation requirements. Your department’s GPC should be your first point of contact when you have questions about your application deadlines and materials.

How can I find my GPC?

Visit the graduate program coordinator webpage.

Where do I buy my textbooks and course materials?

You can purchase your textbooks and course materials from the USU Campus Store. You can also contact the library to see if they have any available desk copies.

How can I find out more information about my graduate student health insurance?

Learn more about USU’s graduate student health insurance and vision/dental insurance.

For any other questions, please email or call 435-797-3505.

Additional Questions? Contact the School of Graduate Studies or your graduate program coordinator.